Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format. All images are embedded in the manuscript file itself in the appropriate places in the manuscript in addition to separate files to be uploaded in Step 4 before submission.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font for the main text, and a 14-point font for the title of the manuscript; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and the title, abstract, keywords, all illustrations, figures, tables, and references are placed within the text at the appropriate points, and not at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed, and no information identifying the author (such as the author biodata and acknowledgments) has been included in the manuscript.
- In addition to including them in the text, all graphics are separate JPG or GIF files (not embedded in doc files), in grayscale or black and white, at a resolution of at least 200 dpi. These must be uploaded in Step 4 before submission. Only the title of each file (e.g., "Figure 1") and the Type (Please choose "Other," and write "Figure" after the "Specify other prompt). There is no need to make this available to reviewers. Please do this for each uploaded file.
Copyright NoticeAuthors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).